1.1 Anyone accessing this website and using its services or supplying their data will be considered a user and will be committed to strictly observe and comply with what is contained herein, as well as any other applicable legal provisions. You may use our Services only if you have applied and been accepted in our programs, as well as if you have fulfilled your financial obligations (fees payment) with E-Academia, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you apply to our programs, and subsequently when you use certain features, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete.
1.2 Acceptance of this document implies that the user:
- Has read and understood what it contains.
- Assumes and accepts all the obligations it contains.
- Agrees to receive information on issues relative to E-Academia in the contact details he/she has declared.
1.3 These terms will have an indefinite period of validity.
1.4 The provider reserves the right to modify any information contained on the website without needing to give prior notice or having to inform the users of these modifications, publication on the provider’s website will be sufficient.
1.5 Therefore it is recommended that users regularly check this legal note.
1.6 The provider reserves the right to refuse or restrict a user’s use and/or access to the website in case of non-compliance with these general terms, without any obligation to compensate or indemnify the user for this action.
2.1 The service provider:
1.Will not be held liable for any responsibility regarding the information published on the website if this information has been manipulated or inserted by a third party not related to the website,
2.Is not responsible for the opinions expressed by collaborators, in articles or works published in the website.
3.Is not responsible for the lack of updating of the user’s data as a result of the user’s non-compliance with the commitment to inform of any change affecting their personal data, as detailed in these general terms and conditions.
4.Cannot guarantee that the use made of the website and its services complies with the law, these general terms and conditions and public security; nevertheless, measures will be taken to comply with current legislation on this issue.
5.Will not be held liable for damages or harm of any kind derived from the user’s incorrect, illegitimate or illicit use of the web or the services it offers.
7.The service provider reserves the right to modify these general terms at any time, respecting the rights acquired by the users. Users will be informed of any modification, as soon as possible. Insertion of the new text in the general terms published on the website will be considered as notification of the modification. The use of the website after the modification of the general terms implies the user’s acceptance.
8.Under no circumstances will the service provider be liable for moral damages, lost profit and/or and direct or indirect damages suffered by the user.
9.The user of the website may be redirected to contents of third parties. As the provider is unable to control the contents third parties may place on their websites, the provider will have no responsibility as to those contents. In any case, the provider declares that it will immediately remove any content that could contravene national or international legislation, morality or public order, proceeding to immediately remove the redirection to said website and inform the authorities of the content in question.
10.This website has been checked and reviewed to ensure it works correctly. In principle, correct operation 365 days a year and 24 hours a day can be guaranteed. Nevertheless, the provider cannot rule out the possibility of circumstances such as programming errors, that could cause interruptions in the service in order to carry out maintenance or events out of the control of the provider, such as force majeure causes, natural catastrophes, hackers or crackers, strikes or similar circumstances that could impede access to the website.
11.In any case, the user may not claim economic compensation for service interruption.
3. Intellectual and Industrial Property
3.1 The website, including but not limited to programming, edition, compilation and other elements necessary for its operation, the designs, logos, photographs, text and/or graphic elements are the property of the provider of the service or, if applicable, the provider holds a licence provided by the authors. All the contents of the website are duly protected by intellectual and industrial legislation, as well as being inscribed in the corresponding public registers.
3.2 Regardless of the purpose it is used for, any total or partial reproduction, use, exploitation, distribution and commercialisation of this material will always require authorisation in writing by the provider. Any use not authorised in advance by the provider will be considered a serious breach of the author’s intellectual or industrial property rights.
3.3 Any designs, logos, text, photographs and/or graphic elements that appear on the website and do not belong to the provider are the property of their respective owners and they will be responsible for any possible dispute that may arise with regard to them. In any case, the provider has the prior and express authorization from the owners.
3.4 The website user and/or visitor will be committed to respect these rights and consequently not to copy, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, publish, exhibit or represent any of the aforementioned contents of the website by any means different from those supplied by the same website for this purpose, or those used legitimately on the Internet and which have been expressly authorized in advance by the provider. Additionally, the user is committed not to carry out any other activity that could be in breach of the intellectual property rights of the provider, or of the users of the website.
4. Our Courses
4.1 Course Modifications
While we take pride in our world-class courses, unexpected events do occur. E-Academia reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or to modify any course content or the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment. Courses offered are subject to the Disclaimers section above.
4.2 Course admission
E-Academia preserves the right to accept or not applications to its programs following criteria of age, academic background and/or professional experience.
5. Paid Services
E-Academia offers paid Services for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in Euro. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes in a timely manner with a payment mechanism associated with the applicable paid Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees using other collection mechanisms. Fees may vary based on your location and other factors, and E-Academia reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant Services.
6. Acceptable Use Policy
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren’t allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user’s account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
7.Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
7.1 Any elements not expressly detailed in the terms and conditions will be governed by Greek legislation. The provider and the user agree to submit any dispute that may arise regarding the products or services supplied under these terms to the Law Courts of the address of the provider.
7.2 If the user were to have their residence outside Greece, the provider and the user expressly waiver their own jurisdiction, being subject to the Law Courts of Athens.